Beyond Tolerance applications are open for the 2018-2019 year!
Beyond Tolerance is part of the Hate-Free Campus Initiative, created to confront and stop acts of hate, foster a greater awareness of and appreciation for diversity, promote civility and respect in our human interactions and build a more inclusive campus community. The program is funded by the Office of Campus and Community Relations. Registered student organizations are able to receive up to $200.00 for programs and events that meet the criteria of the program.
- Complete CSI Grant Orientation
- Submit the Beyond Tolerance Application at least 30 days before the event takes place .
- Meet with the CSI RSO Grant Manager.
- Have all five officers accept the terms and conditions of the finance agreement on AggieLife. We cannot transfer the funds your organization has been awarded until you do this.
- Have the event. Be sure to keep any receipts for items purchased using Beyond Tolerance funds.
- Submit the Expenditure Report no more than two weeks after the event. Any unused funds will be transferred back to CSI.
Examples of Items that can be Funded (Items must be one-time use for the specific event the organization is getting funding for.)
- Space/Venue Rentals
- Equipment Rentals
- Fees and Services
- Printing costs
- Food (not to exceed 50% of the total funds requested/allocated/used.)
Examples of Items that cannot be Funded (Items that will be kept after the event or items that are not for the specific event the organization is getting funding for.)
- Equipment Purchases
- Food in excess of 50% of the total funds requested/allocated/used.
Off campus events cannot be funded through this grant. Events that have an admission fee cannot be funded through this grant.
Questions? Contact the CSI RSO Grant Manager or Joseph Martinez.
- The organization must be registered and in good standing with the Center for Student Involvement.
- The program must support the mission of Center for Student Involvement which retains the right to award co-sponsorships at its discretion.
- The program must further the Hate-Free Campus Initiative.
- All Registered Student Organizations that apply must have an active Agency Account.
- The application must be submitted no less than thirty days in advance of the event date by one of the listed officers for the organization.
- Events must be free of charge and open to the entire campus community.
- Events must take place on the UC Davis campus.
- Please note that fundraising and donation collections are not allowed at any CSI co-sponsored event.
- All student organizations must adhere to all building capacity regulations.
- Center for Student Involvement and the Office of Campus Community Relations must be acknowledged in all publicity material including flyers, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- The event is uploaded on AggieLife.